Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TRUCICI has officially retired

by Nada Website: trello.com/b/pchxE7Lc/%F0%9F%8E%AC-customs-%F0%9F%8E%AC

As a longtime fan I made a post or comment promoting her, and after seeing how many people got scammed I very deeply regret doing so now. I got scammed from getting a custom from her as well. As someone who has ordered plenty of customs from long hair content creators, and given the complete absence of consumer protection in these type of transactions, I've always believed that the only insurance you have when you pay for this kind of content before receiving anything is the content creator's conscience. Theoretically, any online creator can run away with the money you give them for a custom you ordered without giving you what you paid for, but ultimately, I believe the burden on a model's conscience from stealing money that way would be overpowering, which is what makes them give you what you paid for. At the end of the day, I'm glad that I have been proven right about this for 99% of the customs I've ordered.

But for that 1% who has scammed me, of which TRUCICI is now a part, my only takeaway is that their conscience was not enough of a burden to provide that insurance to the customer. So if she can just move on after scamming people like this, especially given that people like me live nothing like the relatively well off lifestyle that she does, then that says something about her character.

I was holding out hope that she would come through in the end, hence my original post about it being the end of an era. It's an extremely undignified conclusion to what had been a very distinguished period online, especially when she was at her peak from around 2019-2021. And again, I genuinely feel really shitty for promoting her that time.