players / codex issue

by Alain

The Mediaplayer does work on a mac but never equals the quality of its wintel version. Often does not play, or just plays the sound track. Also problem when going FF or rewind on a movie file or when pausing... sometimes it does not start again.

I beleive the the wintel version of the Quicktime player is quite more stable than the mediaplayer for mac.

Personally I HIGHLY preffer the quick time player over Real Player and MediaPlayer as my user experience is way better.

Does the .WMV format saves that much from the MPEG 2? Maybe.

MPEG2, the industry standard is just that. The industry standard. Every one who makes a player, makes one that plays those files properly. The NEW industry standard is now MPEG4. MicroSoft wanting to invent it's own standard/format did not follow the industry. Again.

Tons of people are using Macs and Linux machines. Yes I do know that it is a quite small % compared to the mass of wintel machines, but I would never go back.

But let's not start an off topics debate about platforms. And sorry if I did. I just wanted to share my take on using .WMV files format. I do have mediaplayer but you would not look as good on my screen as in an MPEG2 or MPEG4 format. And your beauty merits to be viewed to the highest quality possible.

You are too stunning to be viewed any other way. Embarrassed

Cheers!

Alain

Cool