About apostolic hairdo

by Den

Is long hair really common in all pentecostal movements in the U.S.? Or only in the apostolic (oneness) movement? What about other fundamentalistic christian churches? For example evangelical churches?

They refer to the Bible which says that "Judge for yourselves. Is it appropriate that a woman pray to God unveiled? Doesn't even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." "Your beauty should not be an external one, consisting of braided hair or the wearing of gold ornaments and dresses"

I was raised in a European pentecostal church. Not many pentecostal women have decided to ware long hair in my country. But I have met a baptist women from India, and a pentecostal women from eastern Europe, with knee/thigh length hair, but in the Indian case I doubt it was due to her christian beleif.

In the 60th and earlier most pentecostal women in my country followed the biblical instructions of always having a hat, and by some strange reason they had these artful pentecostal updos (kind of against the bible). I don't remember they had much longer hair than anyone else. The bible does not say that a women never should cut her hair, but that long hair is her glory.