Re: bad news mail

by Anya

I'm not sure if it's possible that what you did here could be in any poorer taste, PC.

If you want to pick on and/or criticize Leona or any other woman, you should keep those comments only between you and her.

We all deserve some right to privacy/discretion, even you, PC... hence, I never posted the very hurtful email you sent to Ninja and I, regarding the women who post(ed) here, did I? You know the one I'm talking about.

By criticizing any woman's long hair website on a public forum specifically created for 'long hair lovers', you are not 'warning' any 'surfer' about the site (i.e. that they shouldn't join). You don't personally represent the male population of long hair enthusiasts... I'm sorry, but it's true.

Some of us have been here longer than you and have persevered in actual harmony despite the comments made by people such as yourself, dear, and will continue to do so.

I'm sure Leona's pretty hurt by your comments, and she has every right to be. You can't claim to 'love' someone and want so much for them, and then publicly 'defame' them... that's NOT love.

Yet let's take it a step further and bring in the comment you made about your wife not being 'perfect' anymore in your eyes because she cut her hair. That's got to be one of the saddest things I've ever read. Your wife is not a means unto your own selfish ends, and nor are you to hers (there is such a thing as unconditional love), and I pray she never sees what you wrote about her for all the www to read... God help each us, that we who read your comment might know your heart better than she does... but if that's to her benefit, at least she's spared a bit of heartache.

And finally, I'm sorry if what I'm saying here makes you mad or whatever other emotions you're capable of... but you can't expect to post the comments you made and come away unscathed. I don't know Leona as well as some of the other long haired ladies, but I know very well what she endures to keep her hair long & beautiful, and I understand the passion/patience it takes to preserve it, and so I felt the need to speak on her behalf. Yes, we may put ourselves 'out there', opening ourselves up to criticism as well as praise, but by your posting here, you admonish unto us, the long haired ladies of the 'net, the right of open reciprocity, PC.

Anya