Re: Re: Cher in the 70s

by Longpageboy

Rita Coolidge´s pictures were a major turn-on for me, too, in the late 70s.

So was Cher, whose shows were on German TV for a while, too. I watched them just because of her and her hair.

The same goes for the Johnny Cash TV shows that I watched just to catch June´s beauty and long hair; she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

Later there was the incredible Nicolette Larson who I only could see on record sleeves and magazine photos back then.

And I remember that in the 80s, I bought a Crystal Gayle record just to have the photo of her with her ankle-length mane in front of a mirror. I haven´t listened to the album at all, not for one second, to this day. (Which may actually be a mistake, because I absolutely love her Hoagy Carmichael album, which is of 1999, I believe.)

Rita Coolidge also had this Native American vibe that seems to attract me. Studying in Canada for a while, I had a girlfriend with First Nations descent. Although she could have had great long-hair potential, she had just armpit-length hair (jet-black) at the time and later went really short. Still, the nicest person I have ever met.