Re: Bravo, Demi Moore

by Longpageboy

Great argumentation, great pictures.

I just find one very general argument missing here: Judging the way other people choose to look and then even telling them how to look without being asked shows an absolutely inexcusable lack of respect right from the start.

Who am I to judge anybody´s looks in the first place?

You are not embezzling billions of dollars, blowing up innocent civilians, killing anyone, or raping children by simply choosing a look that you like, or a look outside the norm.

If a woman chooses to go bald (which I don´t like), it´s none of my business (at least not as long as I´m not romantically involved with her). If she feels fine with it, let her have her way. I shouldn´t even feel invited to comment on it. Other people are simply not on Earth in order to fulfil my expectations and satisfy my tastes. I think this very basic recognition is the first step toward a grown-up attitude and healthy outlook on life.

Like Demi Moore, I hate rules that make absolutely no sense. Who is to say that women shouldn´t wear long hair after 30, 40, 50? A colleague of mine, 60+, who passed away two months ago, always wore a gorgeous-looking white waist-length ponytail.

I also hate these stupid narrow-minded rules of what hairstyle is supposed to go with what "face shape". Apart from me not even understanding their definitions of different face shapes, I see so many other aspects to consider: body size and shape, size and shape of eyes and noses etc. That is, IF you want to discuss such things in the first place. But actually, you shouldn´t at all.