Re: heres a good example of what i was saying

by mp4393

Kaley C's chop is definitely a downgrade. I wonder if they'll work it into the show or do the wig or extension thing.

I'm fascinated by newlywed chops. It's so cliche to assume that a woman chops her long hair once she lands a man, but it's so common it's hard not to believe it's true.

This behavior is deeply ingrained culturally, and sometimes I think the guys don't mind in part because they don't want their wife getting unwanted attention from other guys. Poland and other parts of Eastern Europe have long traditions of cutting or even shaving the bride's long hair during or after the wedding. The most ironic to me are the Jewish sects that consider women's real hair to be so sexual that no man other than her husband should see it, and as a result they shave or clipper-cut their hair the morning after the wedding and she wears either a headscarf or a wig for the rest of her life. In the process of concealing her hair from the world, they deprive the husband of the private enjoyment that was the supposed reason for covering her hair anyway. I always wonder if these women wear wigs or go bald when they are with their husband, and what the guys really think about this tradition.