Wayback machine & other thoughts about this website

by Taylor

For those worried that all this content may disappear someday, there's a bit of solace in the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine:

web.archive.org/web/20231211031443/kinkyforums.com/forum/

It's not perfect by any means, but it's there.

FWIW, I think Ninja's done a great job over the many years and provided an invaluable service to the long hair fetish community. I know he's been working on some enhancements lately. I'm glad some supporters with IT experience are offering help, but it's up to Ninja whether he wants to accept it.

I've sometimes wondered why this forum doesn't have accounts and logins, but I also know that would complicate things greatly, and it wouldn't stop people from creating multiple accounts and posting spam or other unwelcome content.

I'm here almost daily, and I'm impressed with how quickly Ninja is able to deal with problem content. Could it be faster? Sure, but at what cost? I doubt this website is supporting Ninja, so he's got other things to do in life. He could enlist some trusted, longtime members as moderators, but that could also be complicated and other things could go wrong.

In the end, one of the things I love about this forum is its simplicity. It's not perfect, but I hope that a search for perfection doesn't ruin something that's really good the way it is.