Re: Re: The part I don't understand

by mp4393

I'm a long-hair fan first, but to me a well-done long-to-short makeover is like watching a woman wearing incredibly sexy lingerie do a striptease. The before is great, but so is the during and after. And like a striptease, the exposure and vulnerability of the result is part of the appeal.

Like many here -- I enjoy seeing long hair brushed, braided, put up, let down, swinging side to side, etc. Cutting is just the next and final step in that process. Because healthy-looking long hair is typically fleeting with age, such changes are often inevitable. I'd rather see a dramatic haircut on beautiful long hair celebrated than see an attractive woman let her long hair get scraggly and thin over the years but by that point be too attached to let go.

Respect is an important part of it for me, but many of these women are ready to let go of their long hair or feel there is a good reason to do so. There are some stills and videos of George Michael doing respectfully-handled long-to-short cuts on some of his clients. Even many of the haircut videos posted online show true emotion on the part of the women that indicates they understand and appreciate what they are letting go of but feel they are doing it for a greater good, even if that "good" is looking more mature for a job or having lower maintenance.