Re: Re: The part I don't understand

by rrdog2

Good Post, Longpageboy, and in reference to your comment ("You often see married women cutting off their long hair as soon as they think they have been married long enough to feel safe - tied strongly enough to their husbands by the sheer obligations for the children.")

That can work both ways given the right circumstances.

My wife is sixty one and wears her hair long for me (mid-back length) and gets many complements from men; long haired women and seldom from short-haired women 50 or older.

In consideration for this; I’m clean shaven (I shave every morning) for her, and wear my hair short and neat the way she prefers it, although my profession in law enforcement mandates it.

Approximately 22 years ago, my best friend (call him Bob) and his wife (call her Sue) cut her long hair quite short in a pixie with the blessing of her two older sisters without consulting with her husband for your reasons you stated in the above.

To say he was madder than hell is an understatement. They had a big fight and didn’t speak for weeks.

This is where things get interesting. Sue, me, and her sisters had an intervention-really a set-up on their part by including me in Bob and Sue’s home with their Minister there to referee. I was mostly on Bob’s side.

The minister stated “If you love your wife it doesn’t matter how she wears her hair. God loves you for who you are and looks beyond a person’s appearance.”

I agreed and said “The good Reverend has a point, Bob and I know you’re a stubborn bastard so let’s go for a walk.”

Bob made up with his wife and the real fun began. Being a self employed and an independent carpenter has its advantages....there is no dress code or grooming standards for short hair or clean shaven.

Bib overalls are very comfortable with or without wife beater shirts. They just might become part of somebody’s wardrobe and a real trend setter, including for church every Sunday (volunteer to pass the collection plate) out for dinner; family picnics, wedding’s, graduations etc.....and they did.

Beards and ponytails on men, ball caps worn backwards are cool too, and as I said, Bob, my best friend from grade school (not his real name) is a stubborn bastard. Sue (not her real name) well Sue’s short hair was short lived if I recall......18 months at the most.