Re: Re: Do we know how to not have this forum not vanish one day for no reason?

by LongHairObserver

Thanks for replying. First of all, we have a beginning with this forum and having this conversation itself makes me thank you sincerely. We don't use legacy forum software like this except here. The world is light years away( eg: social media/ Reddit) and I don't need to give a list of product features. I'm sure most long term members can articulate better than me.

We all care about privacy and we cannot move to a public host who can enforce arbitrary rules that is not being enforced by the law. We want freedom. Eg: LGBTQ content is legal, 16 is legal consent age in federal, while 18 is the legal consent age in most US states. Every country has their own specific laws to protect their future. If someone is harmful to minors, I want to ensure that they face justice fully and "immediately". There is dark web and other shitty places for such content and our public communities thrives only if we are ensuring safety of people who are not able to defend themselves yet. Ignoring crime leads to more crime. J Epstein could not have done as much damage unless he had other people seemingly condone or encourage crime against minors. We cannot be one more group like the Catholic church that had to clean itself.

We need to commit to stop allowing content that funds criminals to continue. Once the consumption of content ends and the money flow stops. We can all hope that there is a likelihood of the crime reducing eventually. The world always had crime and will continue to do in more ways that we couldn't imagine. A lot of animal species including chimps kill babies to mate with female. But, none of the animal species are sexually harmful to minors. We are better evolved species and are capable of defending our future.